APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE 11th BISHOP OF NEVADA
For those who feel called: Thank you for your prayerful consideration. The Search Committee appreciates your willingness to explore this call. The congregations of the Diocese are praying for you and the other candidates and will do so throughout the process.
Complete applications must be received by 5:00 pm (PDT), Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
The Committee looks forward to your application. We pledge to consider all submittals prayerfully.
We are using a blind screening process for our review of your essay questions to ensure that all candidates are evaluated solely on their responses to these questions without regard to gender, race, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or any other identifying characteristic. We ask that all applicants answer these questions without using any pronouns or descriptive language that would reveal any personal characteristics. Your responses to the Essay Questions will be separated from the other parts of your application (Cover Letter, Official Application Form, Resume, OTM Portfolio, References, and Consent and Authorization Form) and assigned a unique number corresponding to your application packet.
Please read carefully the instructions associated with this initial screening tool.
The Search Committee will contact you about your status according to the search process timeline.
Please use the following protocol in naming each item in your application:
We will rename your responses to the essay questions with your unique identification code before distribution to members of the Bishop Search Committee.
All supplemental materials must be in 12 pt. Cambria font.
You must submit the following items in one email with two separate attachments to complete your application packet.
- Cover Letter
- Official Application Form
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Updated OTM Portfolio
- References, with contact information, including:
- Member of the clergy of The Episcopal Church
- Lay member of The Episcopal Church
- Any other interested individual who is not your spouse, relative, or a person under your direct supervision
- Names and current contact information for all previous bishops under whom you have served.
- The scanned signed and witnessed Consent and Authorization Form following the directions on the Consent and Authorization Form. The original is mailed seperately as directed
- Essay Questions. Your responses to these questions will be published in the packet provided to the Election Convention Delegates and on our website should you be one of the final Nominees.
Combine items 1-6 above into one PDF file named according to the protocol: <LastName.FirstName.APPLICATION PACKET.PDF> You will be sending the Essay Questions as a separate PDF file.
Submit the APPLICATION PACKET and ESSAY QUESTIONS as two seperate email attachments in one email to the Bishop Search Committee at <email@example.com>.
All materials must be submitted by 5:00 pm (PDT), Wednesday, May 30th, 2018.
Here are the links to the required forms:
If you want to nominate someone you sense needs to consider this call:
- Please pray about it before approaching the person.
- Share with them what you see as their gifts which God could use to lead us into the future.
- Encourage them to apply and pray with them for discernment.
- Support them as a spiritual friend during the process.
Send a message to the person along with a link to this website: http://episcopalbishopsearchnv.com
All nominated candidates must submit the same materials identified above and must meet the same deadline date to be considered as a candidate.
REMINDER: The deadline date is May 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time
If you have any questions in this regard, either now or as the process develops, please feel free to contact the Bishop Search Commitee Chair, the Rev. Victoria Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org