APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE 11th BISHOP OF NEVADA
For those who feel called: Thank you for your prayerful consideration. Nevada’s Search Committee and congregations throughout the Diocese are in prayer with and for you and other candidates throughout this Search process.
Completed applications must be received by 5:00 pm (PDT), Friday, January 29th, 2021.
We pledge to consider all submittals prayerfully in connection with our Profile. We will contact you about your status according to the search process timeline.
We are using a blind screening process for our review of your essay questions. We want to ensure that all candidates are evaluated on their responses to these questions without regard to gender, race, familial and/or marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or any other identifying characteristic. We ask that all applicants provide responses without using pronouns or descriptive language that would reveal personal characteristics. Essay Questions responses will be separated from the other parts of your application.
The Standing Committee recently renewed the lease on the Diocesan Office space in Henderson for three years. As a result, It was the committee’s decision that the incoming Bishop would have to live in the Las Vegas area for those three years. After that time, the Bishop would be able to decide to move to another area of the Diocese if the Bishop believed it to be appropriate.
Your application (Cover Letter, Official Application Form, Resume, OTM Portfolio, References, and Consent and Authorization Form) will be assigned a unique number corresponding to your application packet.
We will rename your responses to the essay questions with your unique identification code before distribution to members of the Bishop Search Committee.
Please carefully read the instructions associated with this initial screening tool.
All supplemental materials must be in 12 pt. Cambria font, 1.5 spacing with 1-inch margins.
Please use the following protocol in naming each individual item in your application: <LastName.FirstName.ltem.pdf> ;
You must submit the following items in one email with two separate attachments
- Cover Letter
- Official Application Form
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Updated OTM Portfolio
- References, with contact information, including:
- Member of the clergy of The Episcopal Church
- Lay member of The Episcopal Church
- One interested individual who is not your spouse, relative, or a person under your direct supervision
- Names and current contact information for all previous bishops under whom you have served.
- The scanned, signed and witnessed Consent and Authorization Form following the directions on the Consent and Authorization Form. The original is mailed separately as directed.
- Essay Questions. Your responses to these questions will be published in the packet provided to the Election Convention Delegates and, on our website,, should you be one of the final Nominees.
Combine items 1-6 above into one PDF file named according to the protocol: <LastName.FirstName.APPLICATIONPACKET.PDF>
Name the Essay Questions as a separate PDF file. <LastName.FirstName.ESSAYS.PDF>
Submit the APPLICATION PACKET and ESSAY QUESTIONS as two separate email attachments in one email to the Bishop Search Committee at email@example.com
All materials must be submitted by 5:00 pm (PDT), Friday, January 29th, 2021.
Here are the links to the required forms:
If you want to nominate someone you sense needs to consider this call:
- Please prayerfully consider our profile before approaching the person.
- Share with them gifts you see in which God could use to lead us into the future.
- Encourage them to apply and pray with them for discernment.
- Support them as a spiritual friend during the process.
- Send a message to the person along with a link to this website: https://episcopalbishopsearchnv.com
All nominated candidates must submit the same materials identified above and must meet the same deadline date to be considered as a candidate.
REMINDER: The deadline date is January 29, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time.
If you have any questions in this regard, either now or as the process develops, please feel free to contact the Bishop Search Committee Chair, Linda Faiss at firstname.lastname@example.org